Thursday 20 December 2012

Facebook adds privacy shortcut

| Thursday, December 20, 2012 | |

Facebook has added a new shortcut to help you with customization of your privacy setting easily. In the taskbar of Facebook, at right side just adjacent to 'Home' button or 'Settings' button.

It shows three main options, as-
  1. Who can see my Stuff?
  2. Who can contact me?
  3. How do I stop someone from bothering me?
All of these three are dropdown menu. 

Who can see my Stuff?

Public visibility of your posts, Activity Log and 'View as' (it will help you see your profile as shown to general public or a specific person).

Who can contact me?

Options to filter your inbox. You can filter the messages in you Facebook inbox, there are two options 
  • Basic Filtering- In this, filtering is done in accordance to your friends and People you may know.
  • Strict Filtering- In this, People you may Know are also filtered out.
Secondly, you have who can send you friends request? You can choose everyone or Friends of friends.

How do I stop someone from bothering me?

You can block users from here but you need to have mail id or name of the user, and also unblock the blocked one. All you need to do is enter the name and hit Block a search result will pop up, from here you can block any user.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment