Wednesday 17 September 2014

How to add Microdata BlogPosting in Blogger?

| Wednesday, September 17, 2014 | | | |

Download a free template from any website or buy a premium one. All of the Blogger templates already have microdata added to them.
Add schema blog posting
BlogPosting Schema in Rich Snippet Testing Tool

What is microdata?

In simplest term, microdata is way to highlight some data from the whole to the search engines.

For example, you have a webpage about your company. It contains 3 paragraphs, in those there paragraphs you have -
  1. name of the company
  2. name of founder
  3. address
  4. phone number, etc. 
So, these are the minor details that can be highlighted.

How to add Microdata BlogPosting?

To add 
  1. Go to Template, then Edit HTML.
  2. Use Ctrl + F, to search for <data:post.body/>.
  3. You will only find one occurrence of the above code.
  4. Just above it add, <div itemscope='' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting><span itemprop='articleBody'>
  5. Just below <data:post.body/>, add </span></div>.
  6. Save it and you're done.
  7. To check, go to Google Structured Data Testing tool. Put any of your article's URL and hit Preview button.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

4 comments:

  1. My partner and i still can not quite assume that I could be one of those reading through the important recommendations found on this blog. My family and I are sincerely thankful for your generosity and for presenting me potential to pursue the chosen career path. Appreciate your sharing the important information I acquired from your web-site. Posicionamiento web Octopus

    ReplyDelete
  2. good
    day, your internet site is cheap. I do many thanks for succeed
    blog marketing
    digital

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I
    originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added-
    checkbox and from now on if a comment is added I receive four emails with
    similar comment. Possibly there is that is you are able to get rid of me from
    that service? Thanks!
    blog marketing
    digital

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I
    simply say exactly what a relief to get somebody who really knows what theyre
    referring to on the net. You definitely learn how to bring an issue to light
    and make it crucial. More and more people should check out this and see why
    side in the story. I cant think youre less popular because you certainly hold
    the gift.
    blog de
    seo

    ReplyDelete