Tuesday 6 March 2012

Force on Keyboard due to keystroke.

| Tuesday, March 06, 2012 | |


Ever wonder how much force is applied by your finders and thumbs on your keyboard.
Even I never wondered.

But a small sized spring balance in my home made me wonder. And so I set up a small experiment to calculate the force. Now mine guesses just before the experiment were just about 25 to 50 grams.
But the results came out to be different.

How much force ?

When you press-
  • Single key- force may be upto 230 grams
  • A regular enter stroke- 430 grams
  • Repetitive enter stroke- may reach upto 560 grams.
  • Hard enter stroke- sometimes reach upto 750 grams.
  • Shift plus special character key by single hand- while pressing Shift you reach upto 520 grams and with the special character around 720 grams.



Amazing huh! My guesses weren't even close.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thing that is good amount of force.

    ReplyDelete